Saturday, September 18, 2010

Summer's gone....

How the heck did that happen? One morning it was almost too chilly to sit out on the deck in the early hours of the day and the next day it is again getting too chilly to sit out on the deck at dawn. Summer went so quickly this year.
I however have been on the go and busy.
A trip to Edisto Island with my daughter was wonderful. Sitting with our feet in the ocean and being completely absorbed by our books is the best way to enjoy the hot summer days!
Then came the call from my middle grandson telling me how much he missed me and that he needed me. Who can turn down that kind of a plea from a not-quite six year old? So, off I went to NY with my daughter driving which was quite possibly my biggest leap of faith this year. However, the trip was worth every bit of the 14 hour drive when I saw my grandson's little face. A smile that could break your heart. My other two grandsons were happy to see me, too, but my Ducky needed to spend some quality time with his Amma.
We built with Lego blocks, played with his Playmobile medieval knights and castles (Amma was annihilated by the canons), Amma learned how to race Hotwheel cars on a Wii game, shared story books, Amma taught the Duck how to read, we went to church and we watched Disney movies during the long, hot afternoons. It was 2 weeks of bliss for both of us. The Big Guy was happy when his Papa showed up but the Duck was not happy that I had to go home. The baby, Snugglebunny, obviously is more of a Papa's boy than Amma's. Three grandsons are our gift from the Lord for having loved their Mama even when she made us want to pull out our hair!
Since coming home, I have been caught up with crafting and sewing as well as getting ready for a return visit to the north for our daughter's wedding. The two big boys are giving their Mama away so Papa and I get to watch the festivities together and save seats for the boys.
And so the summer went. Thursday will be the Duck's birthday. He'll be six and it will be the first day of autumn. If I miss anything, it's autumn in NY so this year I'll get to celebrate my daughter's wedding and enjoy the loveliest time of the year. Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment