Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Mornings

Well, I managed to have a successful Easter holiday with my entire family...everyone was here and got along. I guess they are officially grown-up now. It truly was lovely to have everyone home.
Now, I've been busy outside trying to get my yard cleaned up and the deck ready for the long summer. I love to sit outside in the morning and have my morning coffee, read the paper and do crosswords and Boggle. Our neighborhood is very quiet in the morning and I do so enjoy watching all the birds at the birdbath and the squirrels scampering all over the neighborhood.
I did easy planting this year, just some annual dianthus in the window boxes that sit on the deck rail. I splurged on one beautiful tuberous begonia as they reminded me of the ones I bought back in NY when we lived up there. In front of the house, I planted perennials as my aim is to get most of the gardens there pretty and easy care.
I'm still struggling with how to blog, whether I want to blog and when...guess I'll keep at it until I made my decision.
Next time, perhaps I'll "babble" about some of the crafts I pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment