Friday, November 19, 2010

Conflict

Wondering how people deal with conflict without getting themselves into a "tizzy"? I always find myself feeling torn apart.
Dealing with committee members about holiday preparations at church are my latest "bump" in the road. No one came forward to make plans. I made the plans since I couldn't get a hold of anyone and lo and behold now everyone knows the best way to do this! Really? My first reaction was to get angry and say, "Just because that's the way you've always done it doesn't mean that's the best way!" Then I stepped back and looked inside myself and thought well that's what they're comfortable with and who am I to interfere. I'm just the chairperson which doesn't mean I own the committee, just guide it. When those being guided don't want to be, what's a person to do?
My next inclination is to be resigned to their protests....go ahead, do it your own way, it's one less thing for me to do, you figure it all out. Less work for me. I'll make sure you get full credit~one way or the other. Not a very Christian attitude, I know.
So, what's a person to do? Think I'll talk to some trusted confidants and get their take on this....I don't want my committee hijacked but I also don't want to be a dictator. That's not the way it's supposed to work......Woe is me!
On the homefront, the house is shaping up nicely. All the wood floors have been refinished with Rejuvenate. I love that stuff. Makes older wood floors look lovely. My handmade Christmas gifts are coming along nicely. I ordered the gifts for my grandsons. Still debating on my daughters.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Still don't know what the holidays will bring. My husband has said nothing. It's like the 800lb. gorilla in our house! I don't need gifts, a tree, I just want to be with my family...including him. I keep praying and listening for God's answer. I know I'll hear it if I can just quiet myself down enough and be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment